Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Thanks Feminists
Ladies, I know, I know. Thank you feminists. Thank you for giving us the right to choose, a move towards equal pay in the workplace, and for giving our men the right and the opportunity to choose to stay at home. I'm so grateful, I'm almost scared to point out what we've sacrificed. Yes sacrificed. I am a hard working mother of two in her second marriage. Both of my beautiful sons are from my first marriage. (I'll tell you all a bout that another time). My husband, Wayne is amazing. He's good in the home, loving, makes me feel amazing and loves me unconditionally. He's also without queston an amazing (step) Dad to my two boys. He's incredible and has been renovarting our home for the last four years. But I need to be honest here. The fact that he's a man (I'm sure there are other factors), makes him blind to dirt and mess, accepting of the bedroom as a tool storage facility and the it also makes him ale to see bare brick walls, dust and rubble as "work in progress" even if they are like that for 5 years. While he does this (he's such a hero), I am holding down a management professional position in a global financial organisation, I've studied for my qualifications and I've been promoted twice. I'm still the one who cleans and I'm still the one who looks after parents evenings, costumes, dinner money, and pocket money. I'm still the one who says "for god's sake finish the DIY job you started a year ago" He doen't need to worry about it.; I'm the breadwinner, I'm in charge. Am I? . When did equal rights become, "put your feet up and let us do it all boys! I feel guilty for my carrer, I felt guilty when I was a stay at home mum and I felt guilty (and the most exhausted) when I worked part time. Give me an effing break. I'd trade looking good and acting dumb in 50's Britain for this current punishment which seems to be bestowed upon me because I have a brain! I'd take ignorant and happy right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment